The 5S (Plus Safety) Methodology - Standardize
As discussed in our blog post - The 5S (Plus Safety) Methodology - we're going to be covering each "S" that makes up the methodology.
In case you missed our last blog post - we covered the third "S" - Seiso (Shine).
Today, we'll be covering the fourth "S" - Seiketsu (Standardize).
The great thing about the 5 S's are the literal meanings of the names. They explain exactly what you're doing. This "S" - Standardize - is no different.
To standardize involves many things, including - but not limited to the following.
- Assuring all items are in their designated locations at all times.
- Making sure all areas are implementing organization practices.
- Creating a Standard Operating Procedure for every process within an area.
How can 5S Warehouse assist with this?
- Customized Signs detailing directions and/or descriptions of areas/items.
- All areas taped off for organization and safety.
When everything is clearly marked and in its proper place - your workplace is clean, organized, efficient to work within, and easier to identify issues by both regular and new staff. And we want to assure ALL those are met!
Our Mighty Line | 5S Warehouse Tape, Angles/T's, Label Protectors, Dots/Arrows/Footprints, and Signs can help you with ALL your standardization needs!
Our next blog post will cover the fifth "S" - Shitsuke (Sustain).
Until then - visit http://www.5SWarehouse.com and request a sample pack today!