The 5S (Plus Safety) Methodology - Sort
As discussed in our previous blog post - The 5S (Plus Safety) Methodology - we're going to be covering each "S" that makes up the methodology.
Today, we'll be covering the first "S" - Seiri (Sort).
Sorting can involve many things, including - but not limited to the following.
- Removing waste - both actual refuse and/or items that don't belong in an area.
- Having management/supervisors continually check/inspect the area to assure everything's in order.
- Assuring any obstacles that could interrupt work are removed.
How can 5S Warehouse assist with this?
- Marking off areas such as "Red Tag Areas" (Items that are ready to be removed)
- Creating specific areas for pallets, pallet jacks, tow motors, and other equipment.
- Making sure all areas you can be and can't be are labeled.
- Having tow motor paths clearly marked.
- And much more!
Our next blog post will cover the second "S" - Seiton (Set In Order).